FREE full genome sequencing
This is the same test as the “Full genome sequencing for undiagnosed” listed option, but is subsidized as part of the equitable healthcare access program. Please view the tabs for “Full genome sequencing for undiagnosed” test details. One test recipient suffering from an undiagnosed condition of suspected genetic origin is chosen each month to help those in dire need that otherwise might not be able to take advantage of the diagnostic power of full genome sequencing. The treating/family physician of the patient is required to submit an application for testing, and all of the submitted cases are reviewed on a quarterly basis. The ordering clinician will be notified as to whether or not the case is accepted. No payment is collected for patients that are accepted into this program.
PLEASE BOOK A FREE APPOINTMENT USING THE LINK BELOW!
Clinical DNA testing is not a simple straight-forward process compared to commercial, direct-to-physician genetic testing. As a consequence, there are stringent guidelines and criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to ensure that the results of the test, as well as the managing parties involved, are all compliant for subsequent medical oversight.
- The client/patient has a consultation with Merogenomics to fully understand informed consent for Clinical DNA testing.
- All DNA tests promoted by Merogenomics require a doctor to sign a test order. The client/patient can select one of the clinics for DNA testing. This selection allows for online test purchase. Alternatively, any physician can order the test for a client. Merogenomics can provide background about the desired test to any physician interested in signing the test requisition form. For independent doctors, you will need to book a FREE consultation.
- The client picks the DNA test of choice offered by the selected clinic. Alternatively, any DNA test can be selected if ordered by independent doctor.
- The client/patient will have the option to purchase the test in full or apply for financing. An invoice is issued to the patient on behalf of an ordering doctor/clinic, allowing the patient to proceed to a clinic to receive the DNA test kit. The DNA test kit can only be obtained upon proof of payment.
- For independent doctor orders, the invoice can be issued from the DNA test provider.
- The doctor must sign the test requisition form. The ordering doctor is also the doctor who will receive the DNA test results.
- The biological sample containing the client/patient’s DNA must be collected (blood or saliva, depending on DNA test).
- For blood collection, the blood will be either collected at the clinic of the ordering physician, or at an independent blood collection clinic.
- The DNA test kit can be sent by either of the clinics. Sending through an independent blood collection clinic might require extra fee.
- The DNA test kit is received by the test service provider. DNA is isolated from the biological sample, checked for quality and sequenced. The DNA code is analyzed for medical interpretation and a report is generated. The ordering physician can then have access to a clinical interpretation of the DNA code.
- The report is provided to the ordering physician for medical management consideration. The client/patient can only obtain the results from the ordering physician.
- Pathogenic results will require interpretation oversight by a genetic counsellor prior to medical action.
- The client/patient can choose either public or private genetic counselling access.
- The ordering physician determines medical management of the client/patient.
Purchase of the test can be refunded within 30-days of issued invoice date minus $50 processing fee to cover the costs associated with testing kit (even if the kit was not used by the customer). A refund is not available once the sample has been obtained by the laboratory and DNA testing has commenced.
138-8627 91 St NW, Edmonton AB
7609 109 St NW, Edmonton AB
Please contact us if your clinic is interested in providing access to DNA testing.